You want to promote your business but don't want to break the bank. You've thought about advertising on social media and making a more expensive investment. Still, you're not sure that it will work for your brand?
That's where promotional giveaways come in!
Promotional giveaways are a low-cost marketing strategy guaranteed to get your customers talking. We all know that giveaways are a great way to get the word out about your brand. But what if you're not sure how to go about it?
Marketing experts say that promotional giveaways don't have to be expensive, so long as they are customized and relevant. Most businesses end up giving out common giveaways like pens with company logos, key chains, coffee mugs, and t-shirts. Customers are inundated with similar products that neither excite them nor are useful. As a result, customers do not connect or engage with the brand.
So, how can one ensure your promotional giveaways work for a brand and are a good sales tool for your business.
The Basics of Promotional Giveaways
You don't have to have a fancy gear set to use promotional giveaways as a marketing strategy. All you need are the right strategies to grow your brand.
- Make a brand-oriented giveaway. These types of giveaways are a great way to allow customers to become involved with your company. Choose a product that presents your brand, product, or services. Ensure the product you choose to give doesn't add to their clutter – that it is valuable and unique.
- Make sure you tell your audience exactly what you are giving away. There doesn't need to be a lot of details about the brand, but make sure that the message is clear that this is a prize to win, or a discount or free entry. No one likes to be played. Do not exaggerate. Instead of just an image of the prize you're giving away, make it tangible. That could mean a coffee mug, some pizza gift certificates, or a drone. Make the prize clear and encourage your audience to guess what's inside.
- Give away a subscription. Whether you are running a newsletter or a social media marketing campaign, ask your followers to subscribe to your newsletter or update their social media profiles to share the information they receive. This will keep the customer connected with the brand.
- Choose a reward. It is crucial to find a way to reward your customers for their loyalty. The reward can be a product or service. It might be a coupon for a free item. Or it could be a discount code for a special offer. But whatever it is, you want to make sure it will be a valuable experience for the recipient. By offering something of value, you ensure that the experience will be positive.
- Make it competitive. Promotional giveaways are supposed to be fun and exciting. Make the entry process exciting and encourage people to take photos with the prize and upload them to social media. Add a hashtag to the contest and encourage people to follow along on social media. Add a QR code to the giveaway and create a custom landing page where you can run contests, quizzes, and other activities to keep the audience hooked to your brand. Please give them the feeling that they have earned their reward.
Choosing a promotional giveaway needn't be such a mind-boggling and tedious process. Sometimes the best ideas that resonate with your audience are simple and affordable.
A personalized and unique giveaway will ensure continued engagement, increased brand recall and awareness. Check out our range of customized, health-conscious products that will get your customers excited and push them to connect with your business.